Houston Order of Non-Disclosure Lawyer

Paul Darrow Non-Disclosure Attorney Serving Houston, TX

Houston Order of Non Disclosure LawyersHouston order of Non-Disclosure Lawyer Paul Darrow can get your records sealed in many cases. If you successfully completed a deferred adjudication probation in Harris County, Texas you may be eligible for an order of non-disclosure. An order of non-disclosure is a type of lawsuit that will seal your case from being visible in a criminal background check to most lookers. Many people think of this as getting their records sealed. There are exceptions to what types of crimes can get an order of non-disclosure.

To qualify for an order of non-disclosure you must have successfully completed your deferred adjudication probation. If you were convicted of the crime you will not be eligible to petition for non-disclosure. If you received a deferred adjudication on a Class C ticket you will be eligible for an expunction to clear it from your record and a Houston order of non-disclosure lawyer can help you. So when you’re asking who can seal my criminal record, contact us right away.

Want your criminal record sealed (Non-Disclosure)?

An order of non-disclosure prevents law enforcement agencies from telling almost anyone about your arrest and deferred adjudication probation. It allows the person to deny they were ever prosecuted for the crime. The only exception being if you are asked under oath if you ever committed that crime. The order of non-disclosure also prevents private companies that sell background checks from releasing that information to potential employers. Law enforcement agencies as well as state agencies will still have access to this information. Many of these state agencies also handle professional licenses for such things as being a doctor, lawyer, nurse, and teacher to name a few.

Most people who successfully complete a deferred adjudication probation for a misdemeanor can immediately file for an order of non-disclosure. However, some must wait two years after their probation is completed in order to file for an order of non-disclosure.

These include:

  • Assault
  • Indecent Exposure
  • Deadly Conduct
  • Obstruction of a Highway
  • Dog Fighting
  • Animal Cruelty
  • Public Lewdness
  • Terroristic Threat
  • Unlawfully Carrying of a Weapon
  • Violation of a Protective Order

For felonies a person must wait 5 years after the successful completion of their deferred adjudication before they can request an order of non-disclosure.

Contact Paul Darrow, Houston Criminal Law Attorney

If you need an order of non-disclosure don’t wait any longer. The waiting time can be up to 2 years so don’t wait! Contact Darrow Law Firm P.C. for your free consultation.