Houston Continuous Sexual Assault of a Child Attorney
Proudly Serving as Continuous Child Assault of Children Attorneys
When sexual assault on a child is not a single incident but is an ongoing behavior, defined by Texas statute as occurring repeatedly for a period of more than thirty days, the adult can be charged with Continuous Sexual Assault of a Child. Our Houston continuous sexual assault of a child attorney can deliver the kind of representation that is hard to find elsewhere.
A Continuous Sexual Assault charge carries a minimum sentence of 25 years in prison without parole, and for habitual offenders, life without parole. This is an extremely serious charge for which neither parole nor deferred adjudication is possible. If the person being accused has a prior felony conviction for a sex offense, it carries an automatic life sentence. In any case, registration as a sex offender is required.
Elements of a Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child Charge
Continuous sexual abuse involves two or more acts of sexual abuse against a child under age 14 over a period of at least 30 days. Acts of sexual abuse include the commission of any of these offenses:
- Indecency with a child (by contact with genitals or anus but not breast)
- Sexual assault
- Aggravated sexual assault
- Aggravated kidnapping with intent to violate or abuse the victim sexually
- Burglary of a habitation with intent to commit a sexual offense
- Sexual performance by a child
Clearly, with these harsh penalties, if you are accused of Continuous Assault on a Child, you absolutely must have the best criminal lawyer you can get on your side or run a very high risk of losing your freedom for the better part of your life. You need an aggressive, experienced, and fully committed lawyer, fighting for your life as a free citizen. In Houston, that means hiring the law firm of Paul Darrow.
What Will A Child Abuse Attorney Do For You?
- Paul Darrow is a former Child Abuse/Sex Crimes Prosecutor with experience handling all types of child sex crimes from the earliest stages of the investigation, up through and including jury trials. He has an insider’s understanding how government attorneys operate and how they will use evidence against you. As an expert Houston sex crimes lawyer, he knows how to help you!
- He has extensive experience interviewing children and evaluating their allegations.
- He knows that being accused is not the same as being guilty and understands the catastrophic results of an accusation on a person’s reputation, job, family, and future.
- At the Darrow Law Firm, you will enjoy the presumption of innocence, which often seems to be absent in the emotional climate surrounding a child sex crime accusation.
- You can expect meticulous and skilled preparation from the earliest stages. Paul handles every case as if it will go to trial, knowing that setting cases for trial is often the most effective way to a satisfactory resolution for his clients.
- Paul has relationships with highly skilled and professional investigators and expert witness whom he can call upon when your case requires it.
- Paul takes your case personally and fights for every client as if he were fighting for a member of his own family; he fights to win.
Don’t Wait, Call Attorney Paul Darrow Now!
For the most options for the best outcome, call the Darrow Law Firm immediately if you have been accused or think you are about to be accused, even if law enforcement has not yet entered the picture. That will allow us to have a head start on our investigation and be prepared to take whatever steps are available to avoid having charges filed whenever possible, which is always our first goal.
Your initial consultation is free, so contact Darrow Law today.